Eriez Magnetic Head Pulley Separators
Eriez Magnetic Head Pulleys are an ideal compact solution for the magnetic treatment of conveyed materials.
Powerful magnets are used to automatically separate tramp iron and fine iron contaminants. These separators can be retro-fitted into existing conveyors or built in during conveyor design.
- Simple to install
- Powerful uniform magnetic field across full belt width
- Robust fully-welded design with stainless steel shell
- Both Ferrite and Rare Earth element designs available
- Range of sizes available: 200-1200mm diameters, 500-2000mm widths (other sizes also available on request)
- Options for rubber lagging and crowning
- Suitable for variable belt speeds
For maximum ferrous metal recovery, magnetic head pulleys are ideally installed in conjunction with an Eriez Suspended Magnet. This enables maximum recovery of tramp iron throughout the product burden.
Principle of Operation
Eriez Magnetic Pulleys are widely used as head pulleys in belt conveyors for continuous automatic removal of damaging tramp iron from a variety of materials.
As illustrated in Figure 1, tramp–iron contaminated material comes within the pulley’s magnetic field, the tramp iron is attracted and held to the belt until it reaches the underside, passes out of the magnetic field, and is separately discharged. The cleaned, nonmagnetic material is discharged over the pulley in a normal trajectory.
A stainless steel splitter assembly is required to separate segmented material fractions. An adjustable splitter will permit separation fine tuning and provide optimum separation performance for your application.
Figure 1. Operating Principle of a Magnetic Pulley
Eriez Head Pulley Model Range
Ferrite Permanent Axial Pole
- Ferrite magnet assembly offers deep magnetic field
- Axial pole offers high grade ferrous recovery
- Ideal for tramp iron removal
Neodyminum Permanent Axial Pole
- Rare earth magnet assebly for high gradient magnetic fields
- Suitable for rubber lagging
Neodymium Permanent Axial Pole
- Maximum iron removal
- Rare earth magnet assembly for high gradient magnetic field
- Ultra-high strength
- Ideal for maximum removal of fine ferrous from low material burden
Optional 8mm thick diamond pattern rubber lagging available to assist with belt tracking.
Optional crowning at either end of the magnetic head pulley available to assist with belt tracking.