Rotary Slurry Distributor
The Rotating Slurry Powered Distributor provides reliable slurry distribution to multiple processing stages.
The requirement to split a slurry stream to feed two or more parallel units - and to do it uniformly and reliably - has been a problem throughout the history of milling. A variety of gravity, pressurized and motorized distributors have tackled this problem with limited success. Gravity and pressure cans are notoriously unreliable - the accuracy of the feed split is always in question. And the distribution gets even worse when one or more outlets are taken off line. Motorized rotating distributors get the job done, but at the cost of high maintenance.
Benefits of the RSP include
- Modest capital cost
- Very low maintenance cost
- VERY accurate feed split
- Reliable, trouble-free operation
- Slurry driven - no motors
- Unique internal launder provides
- Improved distribution when one or more outlets are off line
RSP shape and dimensions, especially of the internal rotating element, are critical for proper operation. Eriez Flotation has developed the modeling and design capability necessary to ensure accurate geometry required for the proper operation of the RSP. The co-relation between Eriez Flotation design and actual plant data are shown in the graph.
RSP's are working at
- Fosfertil • Brazil (3 units)
- Serrana Araxá • Brazil (6 units)
- Serrana Cajatí • Brazil (4 units)
- Samarco • Brazil (3 units)
- Red Dog Mine • Alaska (3 units)
- Toquepala • Perú (3 units)
- Cuajone • Perú (1 unit)
For technical assistance, more information or a request for quote, please complete this form.