Suspended Permanent Magnets
Suspended Permanent Magnets
Suspended Magnetic separators have proven to be the most effective for the removal of unwanted iron from heavy burdens of material being conveyed on fast moving belts. They are ideal for separation applications on wet or dry, fine or coarse materials in large or small tonnages. Safe, sure, tramp iron removal protects costly processing machinery and assures the purity of the product.
The uniquely designed magnetic circuit is long and flat, providing a greater area of magnetic coverage with a maximum depth of field and with less head room required than with an electromagnet. Operating advantages are many, possibility of accidental shutdown and shutdown due to power failure is eliminated - strength never varies. The unit operates at peak efficiency at all times - no heat is generated. Elevated temperatures in the 100° to 200°F (38° to 93°C) range have virtually no effect on these separators.
- 200-400mm suspension heights
- Multiple magnet circuit designs
- Hydraulic and electric motor options
- Range of sensors available
- To suit 500-2000mm wide conveyors as standard, with larger units available upon request
- A TEX certified magnets available
- Tramp iron removal from a range of materials
- Ideal for fitting to mobile crushing, screening and shredding machines
- Recovery of steel cans from MSW
- Removal of nails and screws from waste wood
- Protection of vital downstream equipment in mines and quarries
Four Models and Two Configurations Available
CP magnets are ideal for general tramp iron removal from a range of materials. CP magnets utilise a basic single pole design for cost effective but reliable performance. Multiple sizes available in stock at Eriez Europe.
TP magnets incorporate a higher strength, dual pole magnet design to offer improved separation of smaller tramp iron. A horizontal lift orientation also reduces belt wear. Multiple sizes available in stock at Eriez Europe.
SP magnets use larger magnet blocks with a multi pole design to enable use at increased suspension heights and to achieve maximum iron removal.
RP magnets are constructed with high strength, lightweight, neodymium (rare earth) magnetic circuits. A high gradient, high performance magnet that can be used where weight and space limitations are a factor.
- Heavy-duty vulcanised belt and pulley setup discharges iron parts from the magnet
- A vailable in a range of sizes to meet installation requirements
- Low maintenance
- All models available with electric or hydraulic drive
- Ideal where quantity of tramp iron present is low
- Magnet stripper plate can be included to facilitate cleaning
- Lightweight and small size for confined installations
- Few wear parts