Eriez Suspended Electromagnets
The Suspended Electromagnet provides tramp metal collection from conveyed materials. The electromagnet is typically mounted or suspended over a conveyor belt to remove large pieces of tramp metal that represent a hazard to downstream crushers, mills, pulverizers and grinders. Suspended electromagnets also remove sharp metal that can damage or tear expensive conveyor belts, especially at transfer points. Product purity is enhanced with the separation power of the suspended electromagnet.
Features & Benefits:
- Exclusive oil expansion tank prevents condensation and protects against hot spots to extend coil life
- Aluminum or copper coils use Nomex insulation and fiberglass spacers to prevent shorts
- Five-year warranty on coil assembly
- New adjustable oil expansion tank design for any installation angle is mounted with slotted brackets, allowing the user to rotate the tank so the moisture drain is always on the low side
- Lift lugs now include two side-by-side holes to allow for simultaneous hoisting and installation of the suspension gear
- 23 magnet sizes, 69 standard models and hundreds of special designs available for unique applications
- Special options, including:
- CSA approved designs for both manual and self cleaning units
- Upgraded coil design for elevations greater than 3,000 feet above sea level
- High fire point coolants
- Zero speed switches
- Dust covers
- Pulley guards and controls
- Permanent extensions and monitoring devices
- Force-cooled units available for high temperature applications
Styles & Models
Manual Cleaning Models
All Manual Cleaning (MC) SE-7000 series models are cleaned of accumulated tramp iron by turning off magnet power periodically. MC models are recommended when occasional pieces or small amounts of iron may contaminate material flow. Six models available on 10-Day Quick Ship Program.
Self Cleaning Models
Self Cleaning (SC) SE-7000 series models provide completely automatic iron removal and can be installed in an “in-line” or “cross belt” position. Both SC models have a short belt conveyor built around the magnet to effect automatic removal of tramp iron from the magnet face. This system features a rubber conveyor belt, bearings, rugged but simple continuous channel frame, adjustable take-ups and shaft-mounted reducer with V-belt coupling to a TEFC motor.