Eriez Force Cooled Suspended Electromagnets
The Compact Forced Cooled Suspended Magnets provide the traditional quality, performance, reliability and value of Eriez separators, but at a smaller size which leads to increased productivity and profitability.
These separators are designed to capture tramp metal from both shallow or deep burden depths and are ideal for almost any application – wet, dry, fine, or coarse. As plants continue to increase in size to take advantage of economies of scale, the Eriez’ force cooled electromagnets have been engineered to achieve better performance at a smaller size than traditional magnets.
Manual–cleaning magnets are available for simple installations while self–cleaning units provide for continuous tramp metal removal.
- Higher magnetic fields in a smaller footprint
- Wet-wound copper coils utilize Nomex insulation and fiberglass spacers to extend life
- Forced cooling allows the magnets to produce a higher field strength at lower temperatures
- Reduced suspended mass
- Exclusive oil expansion tank prevents condensation and keeps the coils submerged and cool
- Manganese bottom plate provides for superior durability in rugged applications
- 8 magnet sizes, 32 standard models and hundreds of special designs available for nearly every unique application
- Special features available such as elevation derated coils, high fire point coolants, oil temperature sensors, flow switches for monitoring heat exchanger operation, conveyor speed switches, guards, controls, permanent retention, monitoring devices and many more
The Force-Cooled Approach
Eriez provides significantly smaller sized compact "force-cooled" magnets that are able to provide the same strength as our biggest magnets. The key is in using a light-weight active cooling system which can be fully integrated or located remotely.
These units are preferred when the existing support structure does not have sufficient load capacity for a traditional suspended electromagnet. They are also nominated for installation in new plants due to the resulting lower overall capital cost stemming from the significant weight and size reduction which translate to a smaller superstructure and reduced foundation load.
For technical assistance, more information or a request for quote, please complete this form.