If you are interested in one of our open positions, please send your credentials to Human Resources.
Trainee Spares & Magnet Calibration Engineer
Summary of Job Functions:
To provide a service in response to customer demands within the Spares & Service Department and to carry out the necessary procedures to ensure that these demands are dealt with effectively.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support customers by phone and / or email.
- Prepare quotations in response to customer’s requirements for the supply of spares & repairs
- Obtain prices from Suppliers and internal Departments when required
- Raise Order Sheets for spares and repairs
- Carry out procedures to ensure repairs received are dealt within the appropriate and timely manner as per customer demands.
- Raise and update enquiry files.
- Raise and update customer case files.
- Provide support and cover in the case of Spares & Service staff absences.
- Assist with magnet calibration visits within the UK, with some overseas travel if required to include overnight/periods of travel.
- Reports directly to Spares & Service Supervisor.
- A range of skills are required including:
- Good communication
- Computer literate
- Ability to work within a team
- Full valid driving license
- Knowledge of Sage Line 100 and CRM operating systems but not essential as training will be given
- FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
Summary of Job Functions:
Responsible for machining of product to high tolerances, Shafts/Pulleys etc, mainly Lathe work with some milling of keyways etc. The machine operator is responsible for translating drawings and the quality of his/her work. Working safely at all times ensuring that the maintenance of the equipment is kept to a high standard.
Major Duties and Responsibilties:
- Set and operate the relevant machine efficiently unsupervised
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ensure all aspects of the product specification are followed and run correctly
- Meet daily production work schedules to ensure customer service fulfilled
- Complete all safety checks prior to operation the machine and record appropriately
- Ensure quality checks are carried out at appropriate intervals and report any issues or concerns
- Report any unsafe conditions or problems when running the machine immediately
- General housekeeping of work area during shift
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Manual handling tasks involved in the manufacturing process
- Reports directly to Senior charge hand.
- Time served engineer/Toolmaker preferable
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and good understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- A good understanding and knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Familiar with manual lifting techniques
- A passion/enthusiasm for machine operation
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Reliable and committed with good time keeping skills
- Highly motivated and hard working