If you are interested in one of our open positions, please send your credentials to Human Resources.
Fabricator/Welder Apprenticeship - 2 positions available
We have two positions available for Fabricator/Welder Apprenticeships starting in Summer of 2019.
Need to be currently studying a Level 1 or 2 Fabricator/Welder course in college.
- Bending, Forming, Fabrication of sheet & structural steel
- Ability to tack jobs together
- MIG/TIG Welding
- Manufacture of framework
- Development Work i.e. Square to Rounds & Hopper Fabrication
- Use of Guillotine
- Use of Brake Press
- Use of Pillar Drill
- Manufacture of Bespoke Framework
Summary of Job Functions:
Responsible for machining of product to high tolerances, Shafts/Pulleys etc, mainly Lathe work with some milling of keyways etc. The machine operator is responsible for translating drawings and the quality of his/her work. Working safely at all times ensuring that the maintenance of the equipment is kept to a high standard.
Major Duties and Responsibilties:
- Set and operate the relevant machine efficiently unsupervised
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ensure all aspects of the product specification are followed and run correctly
- Meet daily production work schedules to ensure customer service fulfilled
- Complete all safety checks prior to operation the machine and record appropriately
- Ensure quality checks are carried out at appropriate intervals and report any issues or concerns
- Report any unsafe conditions or problems when running the machine immediately
- General housekeeping of work area during shift
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Manual handling tasks involved in the manufacturing process
- Reports directly to Senior charge hand.
- Time served engineer/Toolmaker preferable
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and good understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- A good understanding and knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Familiar with manual lifting techniques
- A passion/enthusiasm for machine operation
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Reliable and committed with good time keeping skills
- Highly motivated and hard working