If you are interested in one of our open positions, please send your credentials to Human Resources for future consideration.
The Buyer represents the company in the acquisition of goods and services required to assure on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction. The primary objective is to identify and acquire the products and services that must be obtained externally. In accomplishing this, the Buyer will evaluate and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products and services.
- Read, understand and breakdown material requirements from engineering drawings
- Source materials following Most Economically Advantageous Tender process
- To be the main point of contact for supplier problem resolution
- Follow the Supply Chain Processes and Procedures
- Monitor orders to ensure materials/services and hires are supplied within contractual timescales
- Work closely with the supplier to resolve any issues that negatively affect delivery timescales
- Ensure all documentation is kept up to date – Order maintenance and Master Data
- Process authorised requisitions for indirect and direct requirements, ensuring on time delivery
- Ensure the vendor is aware of any special requirements
- Monitor progress of orders and expediting outstanding deliveries
- Manage supplier corrective action process, liaising with the supplier and internal departments to ensure nonconformities are closed out effectively
- To assist Goods Inwards in the identification of unidentified materials i.e. chase copies of advice notes
- To monitor goods received to ensure shortages are cleared on arrival in Goods Inwards
- Collate and assess supplier performance within the given area
- Provide support as required for company stock take
- A good standard of secondary education
- Strong administrative experience with high attention to detail and a diligent approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Problem solving
- Engineering background would be advantageous
- Demonstrate good ability to work under pressure/to deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of SAGE would be advantageous
- Understanding of MRP
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
Export Sales Executive
The position of Sales Executive is open to candidates who will excel at creating and closing new opportunities. By using a consultative approach to selling, this person will use their expertise to identify and qualify leads, resulting in sales opportunities with both new and existing customers.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Communicate a detailed understanding of a wide portfolio of technical products
- Successfully create business from new and existing customer accounts
- Identify new key accounts for the business
- Manage complex negotiations with senior-level executives
- Build rapport and establish long term relationships with customers
- Support and liaise with agents to secure sales in European territories
- Take a proactive approach to all sales activity, including independent sales travel
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team to secure projects
- Thoroughly document quotations and customer feedback/updates on CRM systems
- Identify market opportunities and weaknesses to stimulate targeted marketing activity
- Experience and working knowledge of CRM systems
- Demonstrable track record of achieving targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with a personable manner
- Previous sales experience preferable but not essential
- Must be within daily commuting distance to office location
The position of Fabricator/Welder is open to candidates who are able to work independently to Engineering Drawing in a multitude of disciplines such as:
- Bending, Forming, Fabrication of sheet & structural steel
- Ability to tack jobs together
- MIG/TIG Welding
- Manufacture of framework
- Development Work i.e. Square to Rounds & Hopper Fabrication
- Use of Guillotine
- Use of Brake Press
- Use of Pillar Drill
- Manufacture of Bespoke Framework
- Ability to manufacture from engineering drawings
- Ability to read drawings
- Sheet metal work
- Fabrication of developments
- Experience with fitting & assembly of complete machines
- Work as a member of a team
The position of Toolmaker/Machinist is open to candidates who are able to work safely, whilst ensuring the maintenance of equipment is kept to a high standard. They will be expected to translate drawings in order to machine products with high tolerances (shafts/pulleys etc, mainly lathe work with some milling of keyways). The machine operator is responsible for the quality of their own work.
- Set and operate the relevant machine efficiently, unsupervised
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ensure all aspects of the product specification are followed and run correctly
- Meet daily production work schedules to ensure customer service fulfilled
- Complete all safety checks prior to operation the machine and record appropriately
- Ensure quality checks are carried out at appropriate intervals and report any issues or concerns
- Report any unsafe conditions or problems when running the machine immediately
- General housekeeping of work area during shift
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Manual handling tasks involved in the manufacturing process
- Time served engineer/Toolmaker preferable
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and good understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- A good understanding and knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Familiar with manual lifting techniques
- A passion/enthusiasm for machine operation
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Reliable and committed with good time keeping skills
- Highly motivated and hard working
The position of Semi-Skilled Operator is open to candidates who are able to work in a team, in order to support Light Fabrication operations.
- Making Tubes
- Fill, Weld and Polish
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to manufacture from engineering drawings
- Some experience of Welding and Turning
- Ability to work as part of a team
Responsible for Engineering decisions, and guidance for the Companies products and services. Leading and developing a team of Engineers and Quality as they develop, test, modify, and create products and solutions to technical, manufacturing and customer needs.
- Work closely with Company Directors, and all departments to ensure overall goals and targets progressing in a directed manner.
- Will provide expert guidance and support while ensuring that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes utilise best practices and are in conformance with the organisation's established policies and objectives.
- Responsible for all Engineering decisions related to the Company’s products and services.
- Keep the Operations Director fully informed of all Engineering activities
- Record and report Key Performance indicators (KPI’s) to Operations Director monthly.
- Managing the Engineering department:
- Scheduling Engineering Staff assignments and work allocations
- Appoint, train and mentor other Engineers and supporting staff
- Oversee and direct product design to meet changing market conditions
- Check technical accuracy of work
- Maintain the design and drawing documentation, including project files, DCR’s and ECN’s
- Develop and advance internal research processes with Applications
- Conduct Performance Reviews for all Engineering staff
- Overseeing/Managing the Quality department:
- o Ensuring that QA Manager and staff are aligned to the Company’s goals and progress is constant.
- o Constant communications with Quality so that this can be achieved in design, methods, and verification.
- Developing internal systems to ensure compliance to standards, both internally and externally
- UK and EN Standards and Directives associated to Engineering and Products
- Explosive Atmosphere (ATEX) Standards
- Signing off on the compliance of products with Declarations of Conformity for the Company.
- Keep fully informed on changing engineering practices and recommend policy revisions to meet them
- Establish administrative policies, procedures and standards for the Engineering Department, to align with Company direction.
- Review customer modification requests to the Company’s products and to ensure that they comply fully with standard engineering practices and the company scope.
- Tracking engineering projects and deliverables, both internally and externally (customers)
- Review compilation of associated documents including Installation, Operation & Maintenance Manuals (IOM’s), Manufactures Data Records (MDR’s) and engineering traceability for projects.
- Liaise closely with internal Eriez Departments
- Sales for information, both ways, to improve product offerings and cost reductions
- Production to improve Methods, Designs and Manufacturing
- Field services and to advise on rectification/modifications
- Quality to ensure that concept, design, and production meet Company standards.
- Visit customers in the UK and Overseas to advise and recommend on matters related to Eriez’ products and services.
- Explore new engineering technologies and approaches and determine their applicability while keeping abreast of competitive products and technology advances.
- Represent the company at professional conferences and customer visits
- Collaborate externally with academic and industrial partners in accordance with strategic plans.
- Provide support to intellectual property lifecycle management.
- Promote the Corporate vision and ensure alignment within the Organisations strategic plan.
- BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering essential.
- Project Management (short and long term projects) & Supervisory experience required.
- Willingness to work together with the Global Engineering leader to standardise products and product lines across the Organisation.
- Ability to work across a Global Organisation.
- Experience with 3-D CAD software or other analysis software.
- Adequate Electrical knowledge is highly advantageous.
- Possess Machine Design experience with the ability to review existing and new product designs from an engineering point of view and determine the critical components or design features that require engineering calculations.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations and establish engineering guidelines to design reliable, cost effective equipment to fulfil customer requirements.
- Experience in the area of Engineering Drawing Review.
- Possess excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills to relay clear, concise information to Supervisors, Co-Workers and Outside Parties (customers, subcontractors).
- Confident and able to make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to guide professional colleagues through complex customer orders and assigned projects.
- Ability to demonstrate a level of creativity and ingenuity, as well as problem solving skills, to provide reliable, cost-effective solutions to design issues.
- Good database and computer skills. MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Adobe PDF, etc).
- Willingness to travel when required.